UUA Pacific Northwest District Assembly
March 14 – 16, 2014
Our Host Congregations
The Unitarian Universalist Church of Spokane, WA
North Idaho Unitarian Universalists, Coeur d'Alene, ID
The Unitarian Universalist Church of the Palouse, Moscow, ID
Join us for a highly interactive weekend of celebration, fellowship, learning and governance as we devote ourselves to the vision of LOVE BEYOND BELIEF. We have the rare opportunity to deeply engage one another in full community with the Rev. Dr. Thandeka, renowned Unitarian Universalist theologian, scholar and educator, leader and congregational consultant.
This year we are departing from District Assembly's usual short keynote address and multiple brief workshops to take advantage of Thandeka's skilll in weaving story, vision and inquiry to invite and inspire a new path for our personal journeys and the ability of our congregations to save lives and change the world.
Using music and media, exercises and reflection, skits and small groups, Thandeka will invite us, challenge us, and guide us, helping us gain insights from our own lives to create our own powerful UU theologies of personal experience.
During this vibrant weekend full of welcome and worship led by Thandeka and our host congregations, we will develop a dynamic model of Unitarian Universalism that:
- Equips us to be agents of change in our own lives, our communities and in the world, supported by the spiritual practice of small group ministry.
- Offers us, through our congregations and Sunday worship, as effective sanctuaries of hop and renewal necessary for transformative lives of justice making.
- Invites us -- high school youth, young adults, older adults and religious professionals -- to lead a new sanctuary movement supported by our congregations through small group ministry, spiritual witness and activism for justice and compassion.
Advance registration closed March 8. Walk-in registration available Friday afternoon and Saturday morning.
Online registration is preferred and is available via the Online Registration link to the left.
- The lowest rates are available on-line through February 26. After that date, only on-site registration is available.
- Children, middle schoolers and senior youth enjoy a special rate - but MUST be registered by Februrary 19 so we may plan adequate staffing for these programs. NO EXCEPTIONS to this early registration deadline for children and youth can be made!
- Child care is available for nursery and preschool children. You must register by February 19!
- See the links to the left for additional registration details, program information for children and youth, schedule and more.
Reserve your hotel room by
Discount extended to February 25!
District Assembly activities will be based at the host hotel, Doubletree by Hilton, Spokane City Center. Reserve your room by February
12 25 to get the special conference rate! See more information at the link at left for "Travel, Lodging and Local Information."
PNWD Annual Meeting
Our Annual General Meeting will be held at District Assembly on Saturday afternoon. See the link at left for information on certfiying your voting delegates, off-site participation, and business meeting materials.
Click on the links below for:
The Doubletree by Hilton is accessible to people with disabilities. However, requests for special accommodations must be made in advance for vision or hearing support, and/or sign language interpretation. Service animals are always welcome - we ask that your service animal wears a "working" bib.
Please contact Nancy Avery with accommodation requests or other accessibility questions.